Cotswold House is a Victorian building located at the entrance to St. Mary’s Hospital. The building has served many different uses over the years but had been vacant for the last few years. Ace commenced the extensive refurbishment project last summer and the practice are moving in during January 2017. The works include:
- Complete refurbishment from bare shell
- Full strip and recover to roofs
- Removal of 3 no. structurally failed bays and re build in hardwood with new finishes
- Replacement of all windows and doors
- New power, data, heating and ventilation
- Fit out to provide GP surgery rooms, waiting rooms, reception and staff areas
- Two storey extension with decorative corbel brickwork to match existing
- External hard landscaping
The building provided many challenges with asbestos, fireplaces and the original stair case removed and walls and ceilings containing over a hundred years of redecorations and weather damage. A committed delivery from Ace, our dedicated supply chain of subcontractors and suppliers has provided an excellent new facility for the practice and local community.
The project will see Baffins and Milton Park Surgeries, both East Shore Partnership, operating from the building, and the project was delivered to them on behalf of NHS Property Services. The project was managed on behalf of the Client by Currie and Brown, and the design team consisted of Studio Four Architects, ITD Services Consultant and Scott White Hookins Structural Engineers.