The commercial team undertake all forms of construction projects including health, education, local authority, office and retail projects.
We commonly work to standard building contracts across the JCT and NEC suites, including design and build. Working both directly for Clients and through external consultants we have considerable experience of delivering projects with a design team in live and difficult locations. These include locked down mental health wards, prosthetic limb departments, live call centres and child nurseries.
We offer a comprehensive project management service and provide our clients with a single point of contact throughout.
NHS and Local Government
With many years' experience working for health, education and defence clients across the South Coast, we have an extensive knowledge of their
systems and procedures.
We understand that the pressure of time can often be the greatest factor in Government construction and refurbishment projects, however we also understand that quality and safety cannot be compromised in achieving tight deadlines.
Specialist working environments of which we have considerable experience:
- Operating theatres
- Dental suites
- MRI scanners
- Research and development facilities
- Sterile Services Departments
- Oncology 'bunkers'
- External works to listed buildings
- Triage and clinical rooms
- Offices, chilled hub rooms and reception areas
Recent projects include:
DESIGN AND BUILD OFFICES
This Gold Considerate Constructor Scheme Award winning modern office build project at Hazeley Enterprise Park in Winchester was completed to an exceptional standard of finish.
The two storey steel framed building was constructed under a design and build contract with Studio Four Architects, TNG Consulting Services Engineers and White Structures Structural Engineers. The secondary steel framed external walls, posi joist first floor and Kingspan pitched roofs afforded a quick construction process whilst also providing the Client with a building that will provide high acoustic and thermal performance.
The crisp render and cedar details externally, and the high specification and level of finish throughout has provided an excellent, modern working environment in a rural setting.
- Intelligent and versatile VRV heating system
- Low carbon lights, PIR sensor linked solenoids, BREEAM Very Good
- Monitored Fire Alarm, Intruder alarm, Lift Call and Refuge systems
- Considerate Constructor scores of 42 and 44 – between excellent (40) and exceptional (45)
NHS - Cotswold House
Cotswold House is a Victorian building located at the entrance to St. Mary’s Hospital, Portsmouth. The building has served many different uses over the years but had been vacant for the last few years. Ace commenced the extensive refurbishment project last summer and the practice are moving in during January 2017. The works include:
- Complete refurbishment from bare shell
- Full strip and recover to roofs
- Removal of 3 no. structurally failed bays and re build in hardwood with new finishes
- Replacement of all windows and doors
- New power, data, heating and ventilation
- Fit out to provide GP surgery rooms, waiting rooms, reception and staff areas
- Two storey extension with decorative corbel brickwork to match existing
- External hard landscaping
The building provided many challenges with asbestos, fireplaces and the original stair case removed and walls and ceilings containing over a hundred years of redecorations and weather damage. A committed delivery from Ace, our dedicated supply chain of subcontractors and suppliers has provided an excellent new facility for the practice and local community.
The project now has Baffins and Milton Park Surgeries, both East Shore Partnership, operating from the building, and the project was delivered to them on behalf of NHS Property Services. The project was managed on behalf of the Client by Currie and Brown, and the design team consisted of Studio Four Architects, ITD Services Consultant and Scott White Hookins Structural Engineers.
NHS - ST MARY'S HOSPITAL (DSU)
This £680k project for Solent NHS Trust at St Mary’s Hospital, Portsmouth providing office accommodation for 85 staff was completed by Ace Southern in 4 months.
- Over 40 rooms including offices, tea points, stores, WCs and showers
- Hot desk and conference facilities
- Complete fit out of plant and tank rooms including BMS
- 800m^2 20 year guaranteed Nort bitumi mineral roof with 150m free standing Latchways Versirail handrail restraint system
- Bespoke aluminium thermally broken windows by Wessex Windows
- Complete replacement of electrical services
- Efficient automatic daylight adjusting lighting
- New data cabling infrastructure and communications room
- New car park
And let’s not forget the 8 tonnes of metal that was recycled during the works too!
NHS - WESTWOOD HOUSE
Refurbishment works for Solent NHS Trust at Westwood House, Southampton.